Etrex 20x turns off

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Edward, Sep 20, 2022.

1. Edward

Edward

On a recent walk my GPS was performing perfectly when all of a sudden the screen blanked (no warning message) I assumed that the batteries were low so put in 2 new ones. GPS turned on again and displayed the menu. I selected 'map' and this duly appeared ... for about 3 seconds then blank screen! I have tried another set of batteries, same result. I removed the SD card and tried again, same result. I have tried to do a reset but to no avail. Has anyone got a solution?

Edward, Sep 20, 2022
  2. Edward

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Have you tried powering the 20x using a cable connected to a mains / USB charger? , you could also try a USB outlet on a computer but the 20x will go into data transfer mode if it detects that a computer is connected

Nuvi-Nebie, Sep 21, 2022
  3. Edward

Edward

Many thanks for idea, tried it but same result so back to the drawing board!

Edward, Sep 22, 2022
  4. Edward

WackyBush

For me it was a bad battery connection. Sometimes you can put some Dielectric grease on the connections or bend them to make them tighter or put some tin foil in the connections to make the tighter but if a short develops inside the circuit board the unit is done. I've had 2 units go completely bad, usually caused by vibration over time.

WackyBush, Oct 13, 2022
  5. Edward

zonahiker

if you are still having this problem i'd contact garmin, i have found them to be very willing to help, maybe they can offer some solution or walk you through some sort of hard reset procedure, worth a try.... good luck ...

zonahiker, Oct 23, 2022
Ask a Question