Etrex software update - Help

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Sinsilvia, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Sinsilvia

Sinsilvia

Hello,

I’ve been trying to update my software from a 2.6 to the 3.6 version. Got the etrex h, data cord, serial to usb, drivers, and WebUpdater all working. However once it begins to upload the new software it says gps not found.

I looking to see if anyone can update my software for me as I’d hate to see a good gps unit goto waste. I’d send my unit over with some bucks for helping me out.

Thanks!

Sinsilvia, Sep 18, 2019
  2. Sinsilvia

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

You could try running Garmin WebUpdater on a different computer, preferably one running an older operating system e.g. Windows XP

It is possible to download an update file that does not use WebUpdater, however ver 3.6 isn't available, only ver 3.4, see link (Click HERE)

Nuvi-Nebie, Sep 18, 2019
  3. Sinsilvia

Sinsilvia

I’m running updater on a window 7 netbook. I’ve tried to do a direct download but the problem is without WebUpdater my computer can’t find the etrex or with any other program like basecamp to pull off waypoint data. Basically without a program my computer can’t see the gps at all

Sinsilvia, Sep 18, 2019
Ask a Question