etrex vista hcx help

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by nedjinski, Apr 2, 2012.

1. nedjinski

nedjinski

I need some operational help from someone familiar with the SD card functions on the HCX.

I want to be able to upload/import waypoints and routes from a third party mapping program. I can transfer the files (gpx) to the SD card okay. the problem I am having is that the HCX doesn't seem to read or see it's own SD card for these file types.

if I use mapsource then the files are written directly to internal memory and are not on the SD card. the third party mapping program doesn't see the HCX internal memory and can only transfer files when the HCX is operated as another drive (the SD card).

is there a way for the HCX to read imported files from the SD card?

thanks for your help.

nedjinski, Apr 2, 2012
  2. nedjinski

takoateli

I had a Vista HCx that died recently. Before it died I used Mapwel and put my own maps on the unit. But I also noticed the unit had accumulated a lot of .gpx files on the card and I'm not sure if it was ever able to read them. They seemed to be from long ago.

What mapping program are you using?

Greg

takoateli, Apr 6, 2012
Ask a Question