eTREX20x or GPSMAP

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by lukaspeter747, Nov 15, 2019.

1. lukaspeter747

lukaspeter747

Hi,

I need some advice please. I do a lot of hiking and decided to buy my very first GPS. So far it was printing routes and directions. In bad weather conditions it gets tricky so I would like to have a nice little GPS with me. I would like to be able to download GPX files with a route and than simply follow the route shown on GPS.

I was looking at the eTREX20x and than found the GPSMAP 64 and 64s. Can you please advice if these will do the job and if so which one to go for?

I would be happy to spend few quid extra providing the device is worth it. Just want something durable and reliable in all weather conditions.

Any advice much appreciated.

lukaspeter747, Nov 15, 2019
  2. lukaspeter747

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

You can create a Track or Route on a computer running Garmin Basecamp and then send it to either of these units, the GPSMap64 will cost you about 50% more than the Etrex20x so you need to look through the features of both units and decide if you need / want the extras, the 64s will add an improved electronic altimeter and compass to the standard 64 at an extra cost although both functions are present on the standard model

Nuvi-Nebie, Nov 16, 2019
Ask a Question