Explorist 310 failure.

Discussion in 'Magellan GPS' started by DenBarrett, May 30, 2014.

1. DenBarrett

DenBarrett

Hi, im new here and wondering if anyone else ever had a bad unit like the Explorist 310. I bought this unit last year, and it had a dead pixel on the screen from day one, i never thought it was much of a problem, but now it has spread to a quarter inch is size and growing, and not the unit has stopped tracking Satellites.
    I been trying to get a response form Magellan about the problems, but all i get is answers like " restart the unit" reset the unit" etc. which will not fix the dead pixel issue, and i tried those to fix the tracking issue but it as not.

I tried the chat-service they have, but twice the technical person on the other end just "cut me off" after i explained everything.

I have been very disappointed in this unit and disappointed in the poor customer service i have been getting from Magellan.
    Magellan one time made good units way back when they built the obsolete XL2000, 3000, 4000 model, but now i feel their units are trash along with their horrible customer service.

DenBarrett, May 30, 2014
  2. DenBarrett

KekoLovesGPS

Find a narrow object with a blunt, narrow end. A Sharpie marker with the cap on, an extremely dull pencil, a plastic stylus, or the end of a makeup brush would all work for this. Use the rounded end of the object to gently tap the stuck pixel. Don't tap hard to start with, just enough to see a quick white glow under the point of contact. If you didn't see a white glow, then you didn't tap hard enough, so use just slightly more pressure this time. Tap harder. Increase the pressure on the taps gradually for 5-10 taps until the pixel rights itself. Apply pressure instead. If your tapping hasn't yielded any results, grab a damp (not wet) washcloth or paper towel. Fold the fabric so that you don't accidentally tear it, and hold it over the stuck pixel, and apply gentle but consistent pressure with the same object you used for tapping. Check your results. Display a white image (such as an empty text document. If you fixed the stuck pixel, your whole screen should be white.
    And stick with Garmin way more reliable products and customer service hope this helps!
    KekoLovesGPS

KekoLovesGPS, Jul 26, 2014
  3. DenBarrett

KekoLovesGPS

Also it may take a day to a week to go away do these steps twice to five times then stop and just wait! KekoLovesGPS

Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
    KekoLovesGPS, Jul 26, 2014
Ask a Question