eXplorist 500

Discussion in 'Magellan GPS' started by GearHd6, Mar 30, 2014.

1. GearHd6

GearHd6

Hey guys/gals. New guy here.

I've had this eXplorist 500 for years now, I bought it brand new back when they were a hot item. I've really only ever used it for the tracking feature on my snowmobile or ATV so I always had a way of getting out of where I got myself into.

Now I'm looking to use it on my dirt bike but I'd like to be able to load my own routes on it to guide myself through the woods. I can get GPS tracks from other sources but most seem to be made on Garmin devices, is there anyway I can make the 500 work for that or am I better off getting a Garmin?

Thanks for any assistance, Jeff.

GearHd6, Mar 30, 2014
  2. GearHd6

GearHd6

Apparently these aren't very popular. Maybe I'll try and find a used Garmin seeing most tracks I find posted are GPX files.

GearHd6, Apr 1, 2014
  3. GearHd6

KekoLovesGPS

Hi Jeff you are better of getting a Garmin GPS device. If you don't want to waste money use vantage point a free program for the PC on Magellan's Website. Or sell the 500 and get a new GPS or just buy a Garmin. Because the Explorist 500 is kinda old/outdated so just get a new Garmin GPS reply if you want me to recommend one! Hope this helps!
    KekoLovesGPS!

KekoLovesGPS, Jul 31, 2014
Ask a Question