external car gps cannot attain signal

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by cookiecrumb, Sep 4, 2022.

1. cookiecrumb

cookiecrumb

I have a Drivelux 50 (basically like a NUVI or 2495 etc. Have been using for 4years problem free.

But now device no longer acquires signal promptly or at all. Software always up to date. Battery health is good. "Signal soak" done (15min on outdoor table sunny day). But next day driving it could not acquire signal while on the move.
    I did another test just monitoring satellite signals while driving without destination set and accuracy was 15meters at best. Before this test despite already having done signal soak days ago "satellites" display showed zero satellites and I needed to signal soak again.

The device basically is evident that it's partially broken. What can be done to fix this? Just to note I had a previous garmin GPS that was used for a few years and had the exact same issues.

cookiecrumb, Sep 4, 2022
  2. cookiecrumb

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

How old is the unit ?, if it has worked as you expect it to in the past then obviously something has changed, for example the internal oscillator could have drifted or a component has deteriorated, it is very unlikely that an end user is going to br able to fix this kind of problem

Other things worth checking are does another Satnav perform better when in the same position in the same car ?, are you using the device in a different car ?, does the unit perform well when not in a car but poorly when inside a car ?

Nuvi-Nebie, Sep 4, 2022
Ask a Question