Favourites

Discussion in 'TomTom GPS' started by Go50, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Go50

Go50

I have only recently bought the new generation Tomtom Go 510 and I have (more or less) sorted out the method to transfer pois to the satnav.

I have also started the process of becoming familiar with the use of favourites but theses seem to me to be incredibly limited in their use.

I could with my old TTs save a favourite at then later convert it to a poi.

With the 500/510/6000/610 series it seems that all i can do is save a favourite and then use it as a destination etc. It appears that there is no way I can convert this to a poi, using the satnav, nor can I see any way to save my favourites to a computer using My Drive.

Surely the software on the current TTs cannot be that bad!!

Go50, Nov 25, 2015
  2. Go50

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I think the Favourites.ov2 file is just another POI file, as TomTom seems to treat them the same i.e. you copy the Favourites.ov2 to your computer, but when sending the same file back to your Go510 you 'Add a POI'. You may be able to copy the Favourites.ov2 list to a computer and then copy selected items to a POI list that can then be sent back to the Go510, this is obviously far less convenient than doing this on the Go510 itself.

I think the steps would be (I have not tried this), in MyDrive Connect with Go510 connected, click on 'Manage Community Content' >> Community POI on Device = Favourites.ov2 >> Copy to computer >> Save to (destination file on computer)

the problem would be editing the *.ov2 files, I found this ov2 editor (link below), please note I have not used this program and can't vouch for it in any way :-
    http://softop.tomtomusers.com/TomPoiEdr/

Nuvi-Nebie, Nov 25, 2015
Ask a Question