file conversion grs 60 sx to Garmin explorer

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Chet Carpenter, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Chet Carpenter

Chet Carpenter

I have a Garmin GPS 60 csx,I have about 10 years worth of routes created using Delorme TOPO USA. I recently bought the new garmin explorer so my wife who is home bound could keep track of me and not worry. If it were not for that I would throw it as far as I could as junk. Any how the old gps and TOPO stored files in TPX format, is there any way to convert them to KML or GPX, so I can still use them or do I have to start all over.

Chet Carpenter, Apr 2, 2017
  2. Chet Carpenter

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I am a bit confused about which units you have, is the grs 60sx and the Garmin GPS 60csx the same unit ?, if so are they the Garmin GPSmap 60 sx /csx?, i'm assuming the 'garmin explorer' is the Garmin inReach Explorer (formally made by Delorme).

Are the Routes you want to convert already on the Garmin GPSmap 60? , is so they will already be in GPX format

Nuvi-Nebie, Apr 3, 2017
  3. Chet Carpenter

Chet Carpenter

I made a mistake in typing yes is the GPS map 60csx they are stored to disk, when I open them they are murphy.tpx. Iwant to convert them to work on the new garmin inreach explorer.

Chet Carpenter, Apr 3, 2017
  4. Chet Carpenter

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

When you say "the old gps and TOPO stored files in TPX format", which GPS are you talking about?, were the files created using 'Delorme TOPO USA' ever downloaded to a GPS, and if so, what was the model name of the GPS

The Garmin ' GPS map 60csx' does not handle *.tpx files as far as I am aware

Nuvi-Nebie, Apr 3, 2017
  5. Chet Carpenter

Chet Carpenter

They were downloaded off of a garmin gps60 cxs to a dell laptop using topo usa. I am thinking of loading back on garmin and see if different format can save as.

Chet Carpenter, Apr 3, 2017
  6. Chet Carpenter

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

As I said in #2, if you can get the routes onto a Garmin GPS, they will already be in *.GPX format, when the routes are on the Garmin, you can connect it to a computer running Garmin Basecamp, upload the routes to this program and then send the files from Basecamp to the inReach Explorer in GPX format or export the routes from Basecamp to GPX files

Nuvi-Nebie, Apr 3, 2017
Ask a Question