Find address

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Rickstaff, Jul 3, 2021.

1. Rickstaff

Rickstaff

Hi I have bought an etrex 35 recently trying to do a search for a place to go but in the search it asks for country ( I’m in u.k) no matter what I put in the box it won’t find it , am I doing something wrong or doesn’t work .
    Thanks Richard

Rickstaff, Jul 3, 2021
  2. Rickstaff

JGinLA

Hello. Garmin may miss some addresses. If you can, look it up on Google maps or something more comprehensive. Find the same spot on your GPS map and touch it. The address may come up on the screen despite the refusal before. You can just direct the GPS to navigate to the spot even if it doesn't know the address.
    Spelling can cause problems. Center Point could be Centre Pointe. Double check.
    I'm sorry I don't have any experience with etrex but that's what has happened to me on nuvis etc. Good luck.

JGinLA, Jul 3, 2021
  3. Rickstaff

Rickstaff

Thanks I have just done that using os maps app and putting the os grid reference then save as waypoint , long winded but it works

Rickstaff, Jul 3, 2021
  4. Rickstaff

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

The address information is built-in to the map on your etrex35, so for example if you only had the basic worldwide map installed you would not be able to search down to street level

Nuvi-Nebie, Jul 4, 2021
  5. Rickstaff

Rickstaff

I have one of the garmin Birdseye maps (Peak District area )

Rickstaff, Jul 4, 2021
  6. Rickstaff

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

As far as I know it is not possible to do any kind of search on Birdseye maps because they are just a picture of a map with no database that allows for a word search

Nuvi-Nebie, Jul 4, 2021
  7. Rickstaff

Rickstaff

Thanks for your help , looks like I will have to do it by finding the os grid ref which isn’t a problem it was just because I saw the option and thought I’d try it .

Rickstaff, Jul 5, 2021
  8. Rickstaff

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Nuvi-Nebie, Jul 5, 2021
Ask a Question