Finding workable dash mount for Garmin 67LM is making me crazy

Discussion in 'General GPS Discussion' started by MamaBear2016, Jun 23, 2017.

1. MamaBear2016

MamaBear2016

I got this 67LM and the installers mounted it on the windshield of my 2002 Civic with a suction cup mount - right on the tint. But the real problem is that I cant reach it or see it - it's too far away. And I have a right shoulder injury that makes it even more impossible.

So I've been through two attempts at dash mounting it, so far, with mounts sold on Amazon, by Charger City.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017RPKLDG/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I3ADGJ7JCMQ2M&colid=C0VA6DYQXVYN

The mount would have been perfect, if I could have gotten it to stay on the dash - it moves the unit out in front of the AC vents, where it's easy to see and enter addresses into. But it won't stay. First I tried one with the suction cup alone, and my dash is slightly textured so it fell right off. Then I tried double sided tape on that suction cup, and it fell off, and ruined the suction cup, but stayed on the dash just fine. :(

So I ordered another of the same mount, with an adhesive disk that you stick to the dash first, then put the suction cup on that, after wiping the disk with an alcohol wipe. THAT fell off almost immediately. :mad: The dash is black and gets very hot in the sun, so apparently NO suction cup will work - NO WAY.

So what I need is a mount JUST like that, but which has a flat plastic base and NO SUCTION CUP, and which I can mount on my dash with double sided adhesive, before this sends me to the funny farm. o_O

I've even been tempted to find some kind of plastic that I could pour into this base, tearing out the suction cup first, which would set into a flat hard plastic base that I could do this with, but there MUST be something like this readily available?!

I haven't been able to use this sweet GPS yet, for over a month, because of this. :confused:

MamaBear2016, Jun 23, 2017
  2. MamaBear2016

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Isn't there any part of the windscreen (windshield) where you can use the suction cup?, it's only going to stick to glass or something equally smooth, even if you get a shiny plastic disk to put the suction mount onto, it probably won't fit the curves on the dash

I suppose you could use a side window, although it's not ideal

Nuvi-Nebie, Jun 23, 2017
Ask a Question