Fleet Management with OZIExplorer.

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by square, Dec 4, 2010.

1. square

square

Dear Folks,
    am new to this. i would like to start a fleet management business in my country. I have bought 3 good desktop PCs, and i have oziexplorer.3.95.5k. I am very good at GIS and am trying to pass through the help files too.
    However, I would like some heads-up on a few issues.

My Aim is to have moving maps/ images of moving tracks on these screens so that i keep on imforming my clientile where there tracks are and what time.

I know that i need GPS equipment for me to do this.
    Qtn 1: If i am considering 2 tracks, how many GPS equipments would i need and where
    would they be placed? I am thinking....maybe 3 GPS, 2 on the two tracks and one
    on the computer with the moving map.
    Qtn 2: Do the ones on the tracks have to be transmitters and the one on the PC a reciever?? Please clear my mind on the way they communicate to each other.
    Qtn 3: Which is the best GPS reciever i can have for this work, considering that i am in
    East Africa. Today, i passed by the malls and i saw some Garmin Nuvi 255....but i
    never bought it because i couldn't see a way it connects to my PC.

Please Advise me and recommend for me a GPS reciever, considering that i am going to be buying many for my clients.

thanks in advance
    regards
    Square

square, Dec 4, 2010
Ask a Question