Follow Route and Repeat with Navigation

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by thegarbageman, Aug 29, 2019.

1. thegarbageman

thegarbageman

I have tried this with Rand McNally and Garmin now. I need to have my GPS unit follow me as I drive and collect data along the route. I then need it to save that route and then use turn by turn navigation to repeat it. The Rand McNally would allow you to follow a route but no audio navigation; the Garmin will create a track of your route but not allow you to repeat it.

Anyone know what device can do this? I have 200+ turns to perform each night in a garbage truck. I need to be able to put a driver in the truck and send them on the exact route I just ran.

thegarbageman, Aug 29, 2019
  2. thegarbageman

thegarbageman

I should not I was able to pull the track off the Garmin and upload the waypoints into Garmin BaseCamp. If there were an easy way to turn these into a route and then re-upload into Trip Planner app on Garmin, that would work. But doesn't seem to work that way.

thegarbageman, Aug 29, 2019
  3. thegarbageman

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

To get audio turn instructions you need to get the Track (or collection of Waypoints) into Basecamp and then pick the option to turn the Track into a Route and download this new Route to a Garmin Satnav that has Multi-Point routing, if it has Trip Planner it should also have Multi-Point routing

The only problem is that there is a maximum of 30 Waypoints allowable for Multi-Point routing

Nuvi-Nebie, Aug 29, 2019
Ask a Question