Fugawi UK Digitial Maps ver 2 workaround?

Discussion in 'GPS Software' started by PuckRoamer, Jan 22, 2016.

1. PuckRoamer

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Glad you made it, I would still like to know how to convert the RTE file to a working GPX, but your way is probably just as easy.
    BTW
    Is it a Route rather than a Track that is being transferred from Etrex (Yellow) to Etrex 20x?, a track plots a straight line between waypoints, where-as a route tries to follow a road, path track etc. to get between waypoints, this can cause problems with a route made on one map and then transferred to a different map that does not have the same 'paths'

Nuvi-Nebie, Jan 24, 2016
  2. PuckRoamer

PuckRoamer

Hi there.
    Thanks for the reply and all the help over the past few days.
    Yes they seem to be coming over as routes indeed.

PS Ive ordered a preloaded MicroSD Card with the 1:50k look and feel Map from Tasty Toaster for my 20x.
    Do you have this map?

Regards from Bob.

PuckRoamer, Jan 24, 2016
  3. PuckRoamer

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

The answer is sort of yes and no, I don't have the Talkytoaster version, but their maps are are based on Open Street Maps (OSM), which are free to download for Garmin GPSs, I contribute to / Edit OSM maps and have them on all my Garmin devices, they have not only roads but also tracks / paths / cycle paths etc.

Here is an OSM map with your 16 waypoints on it (in purple) and a route that follows existing paths on the current OSM map (in red) :-

osm-route.jpg

The online OSM map of the area is here :-
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=14/53.4483/-1.5419

Nuvi-Nebie, Jan 24, 2016
  4. PuckRoamer

Ronbo

Hi Bob, I have a similar problem and hope that you may be able to help. I have not used my Fugawi and Etrex for a few years, but am now starting to walk again. I am able to plot my route with Fugawi but am having no luck when trying to upload to Etrex. Can you please tell me the settings that you use for both Fugawi and Etrex. Ronbo.

Ronbo, Sep 18, 2023
Ask a Question