Garmin 40LM (recreate road trip)

Discussion in 'GPS Technical Discussion' started by mj-ontheroad, Jun 16, 2016.

1. mj-ontheroad

mj-ontheroad

Hi all,

I have a Garmin 40LM and I went to a local park about two weeks ago. At the time, there was a police detour and I spoke to one of the officers (forgot to ask his name).

I went back to the Garmin to try to follow the trip (as it happened; not as I was instructed) so I could track down the intersection where I was lead astray and met the officer. I can't locate it.

I tried to do a simulation but it was totally wrong (the simulation took less than five minutes when the trip (without the detour that day) should have been about 45 minutes. With the delay, it was about 1 hour and 20 minutes.

Does anyone know if there is a website or program or something that will allow me to plug-in my start and end locations with the avoidances as programmed in my GPS and let me look at a map to try to backtrack this? I tried it on MapQuest but it didn't work as expected.

Thanks in advance!

mj-ontheroad, Jun 16, 2016
  2. mj-ontheroad

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

If trip logging was enabled on your 40LM you will be able to view the trip, the option will be something like Settings >> Device >> Travel History Where I've been and trip log. To examine the trip select Apps >> Where I've been then scroll to the correct date

If trip logging was not turned on, it's going to be difficult to recreate the trip after the event

Nuvi-Nebie, Jun 17, 2016
Ask a Question