GARMIN 58LMT - ARRIVAL TIMES HELP

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by DYNO1, Mar 22, 2017.

1. DYNO1

DYNO1

I purchased a Nuvi 58LMT unit last year. I have been trying to resolve an issue with the ETA on the unit however I have not figured out a solution as of yet. When I use my Nuvi 58LMT and travel distances of 30 minutes or longer, the ETA does not make any sense. On a 30 minute drive it could be off by as much as 10 - 11 minutes and on an 8 hours drive it could be off by as much as 75 minutes. The ETA times on my 58LMT is being compared to the following Garmin units I still own: GARMIN 360 AND GARMIN 755. The 755 has a traffic receiver as does that 58LMT. I did email Garmin and they took some time to look at the issue and the basic answer I got was that different units function differently (possibly mapping issue). On all three units I have the latest software possible. The older 360 and 755 match up to Google maps and since I drive some of these routes periodically, match up to real world conditions. With Garmin we have checked settings and all the settings match perfectly on all three units however I would love to determine why such a time difference on a newer unit. The Garmin 58LMT will adjust the ETA as I drive sometimes shedding as much as five or ten minutes at a time on a longer trip. Garmin did do tests on units similar to mine, got the same results however could not provide a concrete answer other than maybe a mapping issue. Does anyone have any suggestions and would I just be better off trying another model? Thank-you

DYNO1, Mar 22, 2017
  2. DYNO1

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Unless you have exactly the same map on the three units, get the unit to plot exactly the same route onto the map and you drive at exactly the correct speed for every road, (neither too fast or too slow), you won't be able to compare ETAs between units, it is only an estimate after all

Nuvi-Nebie, Mar 22, 2017
Ask a Question