garmin 60csx broken? how to fix?

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by mrmojo, Jul 18, 2010.

1. mrmojo

mrmojo

Hi, my garmin 60csx appears to no longer work. I've had it for about 6 months (bought used). It says it's acquiring satellites, but doesn't pick anything up. The acquiring satellites screen shows no satellites. Worked fine until now. Was using it for car navigation, so i kept it in my car during the day when it got to plus 30 degrees Celsius. Maybe the heat damaged it, can't think of anything else as it was working fine until now and didn't take any bumps.

So my questions are:

How can i figure out if it's broken for good? I've just been trying to use it in the way i normally have, and it's not working. Maybe i need to do something special? Reset it or something? Hook it up to my computer and perform diagnostics?

If it is broken can i try to fix it myself or take it to an electronics shop to be fixed?

Thanks

mrmojo, Jul 18, 2010
  2. mrmojo

jecobmartin

Ok I suggest you to contact your nearest services center. because this stuff in not repaired by computer you need technician to fix it.

jecobmartin, Jul 30, 2010
Ask a Question