Garmin 62s external power lost problem

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by lutam, Oct 2, 2016.

1. lutam

lutam

Hi,

I am the (unfortunate) new owner of a Garmin 62s. I got this device second hand but unused and still in it orignal box.

I have a problem with the power. When I use fully charged batteries (alcaline or lithium), it takes only a few minutes before I start seeing the message: "external power lost". The message is popping multiple time, rapidly and a few seconds later, the gps is saving the data and then shuts down.

My workaround, for the moment is to use an external usb battery pack. I have not seen the problem so far.

I will try to contact Garmin, but I have little hope they will help me. Searching Google for this problem shows no clear solution or explanation of the problem. Additionaly, I do not have proof of purchase and this model is getting old.

Do you have any info that can help me?

Do you know if there are different hardware revision for the garmin 62s? According to the GarminDevice.xml, my part number is 006-B1113-00 . Anybody out there has a different number? I am curious to know if there is a difference in the electric components used in the power circuitry.

lutam, Oct 2, 2016
  2. lutam

michael62s

I have the same problem and Garmin Support simply does not exist. Did you resolve your issue?

michael62s, May 26, 2017
  3. lutam

lutam

I have explained the problem to Garmin and they sent me another one. Even with a new one, I still regret having bought this model. I don't get why people say they like it.

lutam, May 27, 2017
  4. lutam

michael62s

Thanks. My problem continues...

michael62s, May 27, 2017
Ask a Question