Garmin 64sx route changes on device from basecamp

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Lakesman, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Lakesman

Lakesman

I am new at using this device so please bare with me. I plotted a route on basecamp, loaded it onto my GPS and when I looked at it on my GPS it had changed the route but don't know why. If I create a track it stays the same but not a route. Any suggestions welcome.

Lakesman, Apr 6, 2021
  2. Lakesman

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

This is the big difference between a Route and a Track, with a Track you move from one Waypoint to the next in a straight line, so the trackpoints actually ' draws' the path you will take, however with a Route you get from one waypoint to the next by following a road / path that is on the map, this means that you could have only two waypoints in a Route a 100 miles apart but when you view it in Basecamp or your GPS you will see a computed route following the roads

Because of this lots of things can affect what the Route looks like, e.g. if you have different maps on Basecamp and your GPS then the Route can look different, also the navigation preferences such as Shortest, Quickest, avoiding motorways etc. can alter the Route

Nuvi-Nebie, Apr 7, 2021
    Sonder likes this.
Ask a Question