Garmin 66s multiple route saving

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by eltelio, Jan 31, 2022.

1. eltelio

eltelio

Anyone tell me why I can only hold one route in gps unit. It’s as if as soon as I try to load in a second route it is overwriting the first.

eltelio, Jan 31, 2022
  2. eltelio

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Can I ask an obvious question ?, are you giving the new Route the same name as the previous one ?

Nuvi-Nebie, Feb 1, 2022
  3. eltelio

eltelio

Thanks, no I’ve tried naming, renaming, routes to no avail.Still looks like one is superseding the other. Puzzled.

eltelio, Feb 1, 2022
  4. eltelio

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

You can generate multiple Routes using Garmin Basecamp and download them to your 66s in one go, but I am guessing that you are trying to create and store multiple Routes on the 66s itself - yes ?

Nuvi-Nebie, Feb 1, 2022
  5. eltelio

eltelio

Yes that’s right. I create routes on memory map and am trying to transfer and store on 66s. It’s worked fine in the past. For some reason not playing ball any more!

eltelio, Feb 1, 2022
  6. eltelio

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Are, so you are not creating Routes on the 66s itself you are creating Routes in Memory Map and then sending gpx files to the 66s, have you updated software versions on either Memory Map or the 66s around the same time that you had this problem ?

You could try generating the Routes in Garmin Basecamp instead of Memory Map

Nuvi-Nebie, Feb 1, 2022
  7. eltelio

eltelio

I’ve recently had updates for the 66s. I’ll try updating the memory map program and see if it pulls it in line.

eltelio, Feb 1, 2022
Ask a Question