Garmin Basecamp and garmin mobile pc

Discussion in 'GPS Software' started by John Arnold, Apr 4, 2017.

1. John Arnold

John Arnold

Does anyone know how to send waypoints and routes to Garmin Mobile PC (application) using Garmin BaseCamp or isn't it possible as Mobile PC is an old application.
    When I attempt to transfer Garmin Mobile PC is not displayed under Devices.
    Thanks

John Arnold, Apr 4, 2017
  2. John Arnold

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

You would need to export the waypoints, routes etc. as a GPX file from Basecamp and then open the GPX file from Garmin MobilePC

Nuvi-Nebie, Apr 4, 2017
  3. John Arnold

John Arnold

Thanks
    No problem being able to export/create a .GPX file from Basecamp.
    Am I correct in assuming that you open the GPX file in Mobile PC by selecting the GPX file and then select OPEN WITH (Mobile PC)? It seems to work.
    ALTHOUGH I only seemed to be 'transfer' a single route - I did this by creating SEPARATE GPX files - one for each route I selected in BaseCamp.
    I then considered creating a SINGLE GPX file from ALL the routes I required but I was unable to select multiple routes in BaseCamp.
    All my separate routes are listed under LIBRARY > MY COLLECTION but I cannot select more than one by holding down the SHIFT key and then clicking on each route.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    John Arnold, Apr 4, 2017
  4. John Arnold

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I don't have a copy of Garmin Mobil PC, but I did find a reference to it working with imported GPX files.

You can select multiple routes in Basecamp by highlighting the first route and then clicking on a second while holding down the Contol (CTRL) key

Nuvi-Nebie, Apr 4, 2017
  5. John Arnold

John Arnold

Thanks but I tried that and it doesn't work.

(added later) Hey I got it to work.
    There was only one route displayed in the bottom left panel (although all routes displayed in the top right panel - Library) but when I opened one of my route files (created using MapSource) again using BaseCamp ALL my separate routes appeared in the bottom left panel (as well as the original one I had selected earlier from Library which I removed). I was then able to select ALL of my routes.
    Hey presto.
    Thanks for your guiding hand. I will buy you a a pint of Tetley Ale, Newcastle Brown , Spitfire Kentish Ale (some of my favourites) or whatever you prefer when I visit the UK next October (so long as you live in the south west area of England where my wife and I will be touring ;) )

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
    John Arnold, Apr 4, 2017
  6. John Arnold

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I live a bit further north, but thanks for the offer, glad you got it working

Nuvi-Nebie, Apr 5, 2017
Ask a Question