Garmin Basecamp Route Creation

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Stace, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Stace

Stace

Hi Folks,

I'm taking the leap from Mapsource to basecamp especially to take advantage of the route creation feature which automatically conforms to roads and tracks. My main use is creating routes for motorcycle trips.

However, it doesn't seem to work, only creating straight lines (direct routing) rather than conforming to the roads.

I'm using Basecamp version 4.6.2, basemaps are OzTopo 3.0.

I've tried changing the activity - no joy, tried at different zoom levels - no joy.

Any Ideas??

Cheers

Stace

Stace, Oct 18, 2017
  2. Stace

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I think you are creating a Track rather than a Route*

basecamp-icons.jpg

You need the left hand (3 green squares) not the right hand (2 Feet) icon, after selecting the 'New Route' icon and clicking on two map points you should see a generated Route that follows the available roads, like this:-

basecamp-route.jpg

Note also, the same map MUST be on both Basecamp and your SatNav / GPS, if they hold different maps the Route may not be as you drew it

* If you are using the correct 'New Route' icon and are still only getting 'straight line' routes, it may be that the map you are using (OzTopo 3.0), does not allow for Auto routing, this is something that is built into the map and is available on all Garmin SatNav maps and most Open Street Maps

Nuvi-Nebie, Oct 18, 2017
Ask a Question