Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D - does it have a compass display?

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Paul-g, Nov 2, 2022.

1. Paul-g

Paul-g

I am sure that somewhere on my 770 there should be the option to display a compass on the map while navigating but I just can’t find it!
    Can anyone help please?
    Paul

Paul-g, Nov 2, 2022
  2. Paul-g

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Garmin satnavs don't normally have a compass screen, however they do display the direction the car is pointing on the trip computer screen, (the 'E' at the top center of the picture showing you are travelling East) :-

2022-11-02_18.47.18.jpg

Nuvi-Nebie, Nov 2, 2022
  3. Paul-g

Paul-g

Thanks for the information. I was sure that Garmin Satnavs had a red & white compass needle available on the route display?
    Paul

Paul-g, Nov 2, 2022
  4. Paul-g

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

On the Nuvi 56 you can get a white 'North Pointer' (this may be red and white on other models) on the map screen but only when Settings >> Map & Vehicle >> Driving Map View >> Track Up = Yes, this pointer is not displayed if Driving Map View is set to North Up or 3D

2022-11-03_15.07.25.jpg

It is also possible to replace the data in the bottom right hand map area (usually displaying time) with the same 'E' for East as shown in the trip computer screen

Nuvi-Nebie, Nov 3, 2022
  5. Paul-g

Paul-g

My apologies for the delay in responding to your comments but have not used my Garmin for a while. I used it yesterday and found that you are quite right. If you view the map in 2d the compass appears.
    Thanks for your help.
    Paul

Paul-g, Nov 10, 2022
Ask a Question