Garmin customer service

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by samakhval, May 5, 2021.

1. samakhval

samakhval

Anyone else think Garmin support is next to useless?

I sent them an email detailing problems I was having with a 3-year-old Monterra.

I have 2 issues with my Monterra: 1. Track distance shows when I select the current track function. But when I open the Trip Computer icon, Track Distance is always 0 (zero). (Distance in the Trip Computer box is also always zero, but I'm more worried about Track Distance). More importantly... 2. Tracks are not visible on the map as I track (either current track or previous tracks). I have changed the colour etc but to no avail. When I pinch the map to zoom in or out, current track is temporarily visible but then disappears again.

They asked for specific details (serial number etc).

I sent the requested details.

I got back:

As a company, we are continually striving to design the next product and with the advances in technology, none of our products can be made future proof and will eventually become discontinued. We continue to offer technical support for products long after this has happened but unfortunately we are unable to support this model for exchange or replacement as it is no longer being manufactured. However we can offer you as a valued customer, a Trade in Trade up service. This service allows you to get an upgraded device from the same series at a 30% discounted price.

I class that as productlackofsupport. Very pricey toy to go wrong and there be no "try this" or "try that" as a response from the experts.

I started out with a Dakota 10 years ago. Been through 2 Oregons since. Now a very expensive Monterra for just 3 years. 2k in total easily.

I'm sure if I walk I to Garmin in Dubai they'll sort it quickly but Europe says buy another?!?! Poor. Very poor.
    Can Garmin really have ZERO idea of what the problem might be?

Is it even possible to upgrade from a Monterra?

Cheers for any advice as to where I could go for technical help...

samakhval, May 5, 2021
Ask a Question