Garmin doesn't see Nuvi 1450LMT for updates

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by gvocks, May 21, 2013.

1. gvocks

gvocks

I have a Garmin Nuvi 1450LMT that I tried to update a few months ago while on a trip using my laptop. Everything seemed to work fine but I eventually got an error message that there wasn't enough room on the 1450. I just disconnected and continued using the old maps and everything seemed to work fine. I've used the 1450 a few times since then with no problems. But when I turned it on Sunday I got the message saying that my maps were out of date and I could update them. I hooked up the 1450 to my desktop at home (I don't have the laptop anymore) and logged on to the Garmin website. Mydashboard told me that I was eligible for a map upgrade and after some preliminary stuff I got a popup saying something about missing or invalid "child-nodes" and it just kept searching for my device. I finally gave up after over an hour. I tried the same thing today using a different desktop computer with the same results. I tried using different usb cables but didn't have any better results. Both computers recognize the Garmin and I can access the files on it so I figure it's not the cables. I'm guessing that some file got corrupted back when I tried to update the first time but I don"t have a clue what to do about it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

gvocks, May 21, 2013
  2. gvocks

gvocks

Just a quick update, Plugged the usb cable directly into the usb slots on the mobo and update went smoothly. Plugging into usb on the front of the computer did not work. :)

gvocks, May 24, 2013
Ask a Question