Garmin Drive 50LM, Symbols Not Showing on Map

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Artemis&Apollo, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Artemis&Apollo

Artemis&Apollo

I recently bought a GARMIN DRIVE 50LM to replace my GARMIN NUVI 54 (power jack not working). I use this extensively for Geocaching (driving to the caches). I keep the GPSr loaded with around 300 local caches, saved as SAVED/FAVORITES. I then scan the map to see where I want to go caching and use the map to determine my route from cache to cache(favorites/waypoints). The problem I have with the DRIVE 50LM is that the map symbols go away:
    • If turn off the GPSr (hold power button until it says “Turn off the device?”) the symbols disappear from the map. They remain in the saved list but they do not show on the map. It is essential, to me, that I see the symbols on the map.
    • Also, If I turn off “Up Ahead Places” the symbols also disappear from the map. I’m not interested in the up-ahead function when I am Geocaching because it just clutter’s the map.
    It doesn’t matter how the favorites are saved. It happens when I load them through 3rd party software (my normal way) but it also happens if I SAVE an address or any provided POI.

Can someone help me with these problems? I can’t image that Garmin would build a GPSr with maps and symbols but not show the symbols on the map. I must have something configured wrong.

Artemis&Apollo, Apr 8, 2018
  2. Artemis&Apollo

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Nuvi-Nebie, Apr 10, 2018
  3. Artemis&Apollo

Artemis&Apollo

These are not POIs. They are waypoints loaded via a .GPX file or SAVED (like entering an address).

Sill, the info in your link is interesting stuff.

Artemis&Apollo, Apr 10, 2018
Ask a Question