Garmin Drive 51 slow to boot

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by lbb, Sep 13, 2023.

1. lbb

lbb

I have a Garmin Drive 51 that I've had for a few years now Lately it's almost always very slow to boot, often seeming to need to go through multiple boot cycles. Is there anything I can do about this?

lbb, Sep 13, 2023
  2. lbb

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

One cause of a slow boot is corrupted maps, you could try removing any third party maps and / or re-installing any Garmin maps

Nuvi-Nebie, Sep 14, 2023
  3. lbb

lbb

Nope. No third party anything. And now it won't even update. Stuck at 3.8%, and the time to complete just keeps. going. up.

lbb, Dec 21, 2023
  4. lbb

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

You could try a factory reset with :- Main Screen >> Volume >> [touch and hold top right corner of screen for 5 seconds] >> Clear All User Data >> Yes

Note that this with remove all stored Tracks, Routes Waypoints (Favourites) etc. so you need to copy anything you want to keep to a computer before the reset, also after reset the first power up will be slow but following power ups should be quicker

Nuvi-Nebie, Dec 22, 2023
Ask a Question