Garmin Drive Assist 51 Lmt-D sd card problem

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Sandy, Sep 3, 2022.

1. Sandy

Sandy

Hi, I'm new here
    I updated my GPS last week, all OK, then went to put the sd card back in, it doesn't recognise it at all! It keeps telling me to put the card in. I've tried everything but it won't see it. It's a SanDisk 64G and has always worked fine. I need it to record the Dash cam. I was going to buy a new disk but if its a fault after update I won't.
    Has anyone got any ideas please? Thanks

Sandy, Sep 3, 2022
  2. Sandy

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Most Garmin satnavs only have one microSD card slot, but your Garmin Drive Assist 51 has two microSD card slots, one for holding files like maps etc. and another for recording dashcam video, the maximum sizes for these two drives are not the same, the memory card (Item 5) can't be bigger than 32GB whereas the video recording card (Item 3) can be 64GB, so in a nutshell your 64GB card will only work in slot marked 3

drive-assist51.jpg

Nuvi-Nebie, Sep 3, 2022
    Sandy likes this.
  3. Sandy

Sandy

Thanks for replying. I've only ever put the 64GB in slot 3. I found the other slot by accident but have never used it myself.
    Is there anyway to go back to before the update? That may help. Thanks

Sandy, Sep 4, 2022
  4. Sandy

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

You don't say what the update was for, it is very unlikely that a map update would cause this problem, I guess it is more likely to by caused by an operating system update but I think it would effect every user and there would be a lot more users complaining, Garmin are not keen on users going back to older versions of maps or operating systems so they don't provide any way to do this.

I would try copying all data on the 64GB microSD card to your computer and then re-formatting the card in the computer, that may work, if not try a different microSD it can be smaller than 64GB if you have one

Nuvi-Nebie, Sep 4, 2022
Ask a Question