Garmin Drive Smart 61 MLT-S Not Starting

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by musicman, Aug 17, 2020.

1. musicman

musicman

I have owned this GPS for 2 months. It has been used less than an hour. Today it will not start properly. When turned on it appears to load the opening pages ,"agree" and main page then goes to a white screen and then the whole process starts again over and over on its own. I attempted to use the house current with the included adaptor, my computer connection and even the 12v connection in my vehicle. Same problem each time. I have owned a number of Garmins and had no problems. Musicman

musicman, Aug 17, 2020
  2. musicman

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

It probably has operating system or map data corruption, if it is under guarantee / warranty, I would return it for a replacement, you could try a 'Factory Reset', by powering on the unit whilst touching the bottom right-hand corner of the screen, and answering 'Yes' to the 'Erase all Data' question

Nuvi-Nebie, Aug 17, 2020
  3. musicman

musicman

Thank you for your reply. GPS returned for replacement. Musicman

musicman, Aug 19, 2020
  4. musicman

musicman

Just received a new Garmin Drive Smart 61. I connected it to my computer 3 hours ago and the charging icon
    has not shown any charge. Surely it should be done by now. Musicman

musicman, Aug 27, 2020
  5. musicman

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

You can monitor the charging of the unit by touching and holding the battery icon on the Main Menu screen until this is displayed :-

DSCN3222s.JPG

As you can see it shows Battery (charging) Current, Battery status, I (current) Limit, USB cable etc.

NOTE :- Battery Capacity (level of charge) only displayed when NOT on charge, shows 0 - 100%

Nuvi-Nebie, Aug 28, 2020
Ask a Question