Garmin DriveSmart 65 (route preview issue)

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Luckkide, May 12, 2020.

1. Luckkide

Luckkide

When I first got the unit about 1 year ago everything worked flawlessly with no complaints. I always update it as soon as possible and keep it up to date, here in one of the recent updates the garmin team must of changed something software wise, because each time I enter a route, then it calculates and then I have the option for "route preview" selected, so a side menu pops up briefly and I can tap on "click here" and it typically zooms out only as far as needed to show a 2D map that shows the full route distance from A to B. Then you click "back" and go to the standard driving gps screen mode at the same view distance you last had it.

Now, when I click route preview it will only go into a totally different map mode option in a 3D preview, and I then have to tap a different side menu button to display the original setting I used to see when I was shown the whole route, and when I tap "back" to go back to the normal drive GPS screen you see, the map is then zoomed so far out, its almost displaying the entire United States and you have to manually zoom back in to where you originally have it set for.

No my Autozoom is NOT enabled, I tried to factory reset it once but it still continued with the same annoyance. Im not sure if they are aware, or if it is strictly a issue on my end, or if anyone else has this issue or anything related to it?

Any feedback would be great, sorry if the post doesn't make much sense. I can add pictures if needed to help explain better.

Luckkide, May 12, 2020
  2. Luckkide

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Have you looked at the 3D setting on your DriveSmart65 to see if it has be altered?, you should have an option like Settings >> Map & Vehicle >> Driving Map View >> Track Up / North Up / 3D, if this has changed to 3D set it back to what it was before the upgrade, probably Track Up

Nuvi-Nebie, May 12, 2020
  3. Luckkide

Luckkide

really good idea, I checked it out and it has not changed, and it didn't change what my problem was...my current work around just turning the "route preview" option off and when I enter where I am going, I tap the bar at the top and then the 3 bars on the left side, brings up a menu only with a "Map" option, and tap Map, then I can get a preview like I used to get.

But thank you for the reply

Luckkide, May 12, 2020
Ask a Question