Garmin edge 1030 in rainy weather

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by franciscus, May 16, 2020.

1. franciscus

franciscus

has anyone experience with a garmin edge 1030 in rainy weather, with me when it rains the screen constantly jumps, so from one screen to another and the GPS is no longer operable, tried this with screen protector as without screen protector! never had any problems with previous gps, 810, 100 etc ... thx for the answers.

franciscus, May 16, 2020
  2. franciscus

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I am guessing that this problem is something to do with the touch screen being made very sensitive when rain is on the screen, I think a screen protector could make the problem worse

You can lock the touch screen and on some units you can change the touch screen sensitivity, but I'm not sure the 1030 has this feature

Nuvi-Nebie, May 16, 2020
  3. franciscus

franciscus

I know that you can lock the screen and set the sensitivity, it is at the lowest setting, but for me it is not the intention to lock the screen, if you want to be able to switch to another screen regularly! , I think the problem is on the touch screen, probably faulty, that's why I'm looking for someone who also has a 1030 to do the test with water on the screen! never had a problem with previous GPS's, 800, 810, 1000 etc!

franciscus, May 19, 2020
Ask a Question