Garmin Edge 530 not installing maps

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by foldingmartin, May 10, 2024.

1. foldingmartin

foldingmartin

Hello, I bought a new Garmin Edge 530 a couple of days ago and went through the set up process. Updated software via Garmin Express and have several map files on the device (and I can see them in the file folder structure via 'finder' on my mac). However, there are files missing, so I don't have routable UK maps. I am told via a different fb group that I need D601716A (not on the device), neither is this one Garmin DEM Map EU 2023.10. So I have reset the Edge to factory setting and took it off Express and then reinstalled everything, including the maps via the link on Express. No joy. Any idea what is going on here? Thanks, Martin

foldingmartin, May 10, 2024
  2. foldingmartin

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Were the 'missing' maps on your 530 when you bought it ?, this garmin site says the Edge 530 is supplied with routable cycle maps :-

https://support.garmin.com/en-GB/?faq=1sYQRWxUh55jMyl1pGo2Z6

So was it ?

If your Edge 530 was supplied with these maps and you don't have them now you must have deleted them, please note that maps can be stored in the main (internal) /Garmin folder and also in the /Garmin folder on the microSD card when fitted

Nuvi-Nebie, May 10, 2024
  3. foldingmartin

foldingmartin

Hi, I don't know is the short answer. After I did all the set up etc and updated the software I looked at the map on the screen and it looked like (and most likely is) a base map. There are several map files but they don't give me what I'd call routable and detailed map images on the screen. Anyone can tell me which map files/maps there should be on the device/in the folders?

Last edited: May 10, 2024
    foldingmartin, May 10, 2024
  4. foldingmartin

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I think this Garmin page is saying the 530 is not supplied with this routable cycle map, although it is not very clear :-

https://www.garmin.com/en-GB/p/155338

This is what the 530 is supplied with :-

2024-05-11_09.51.04.jpg

Nuvi-Nebie, May 11, 2024
Ask a Question