Garmin eTrex 22x Questions (Favourite Tracks)

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by BestNThDez, Feb 26, 2023.

1. BestNThDez

BestNThDez

Is it possible, and/or how can I load an "Archived" Track onto the background map (View on Map), but at the same time be able to zoom in on the "My Location Icon", that may be in a different area, from the high elevation birdseye view of the archived track (loop in this case) down to a couple of hundred feet, so the "My Location icon" is active and moving again and followes as I drive, and the archived track that I "opened" comes into view?

Basically, I have track logs that I have loaded into Archived Tracks, and I want to have them, at least one, loaded and showing on the map as I'm driving, but with the cursor following me as I move around, thus bringing the loaded map into view. At this time, I can View On Map any one of my archived tracks, but I can't figure out how to get the My Location Icon to become active again, with the map centering on the icon. It only stays zoomed out over the track with no tracking, or I lose the track if I zoom in and active the icon tracking again, which means that the track is no longer visible on the map.

Thanks.

PS- Also, is there a way to view multiple Archived Tracks on the map at once time? I can only figure out how to activiate/see one at a time, apart from the fact that the Icon won't track my movement at the same time. Ultimately, I'd like to be able to load lots of tracks on the the gps unit, and have them all show up on the background map at once, so as I drive around, they come into view and I can see where I am in relation to them, but all the while creating a new track as I go.

BestNThDez, Feb 26, 2023
  2. BestNThDez

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I created a Dummy Track that was not at my current location, I stored this Track on my GPSMap64 and archived it, on the map screen I can display my current position (and current Track if track recording is turned on), I can then select Menu >> Menu >> Track Manager >> Archived Tracks >> Dummy Track >> View Map to display the Track zoomed to fit the screen with a white banner at the top of the screen saying "Dummy Track", my current position is not on screen because the map has zoomed into the Dummy Track, however if I zoom out sufficiently I can then see my current position, I can zoom into my current position (still with the white banner at top of screen, if I move my location the current pointer will move but the map doesn't auto centre on my new current location so I need to manually pan the map to my new current location, if I move my current location to the Dummy Track area, I can see both my current location and the Dummy Track. So the only problem I can see is that while the white banner is displayed, the GPS won't auto centre your location on the map as you move

If you select Quit once the Dummy Track is auto zoomed on screen, if you select Quit a second time the white banner is no longer displayed and the GPS goes back to auto centering your current location, however the Dummy Track is not viewable

Nuvi-Nebie, Feb 27, 2023
  3. BestNThDez

BestNThDez

Thanks. That is what I'm experiencing too. I'm still trying to figure it out.

Trent

BestNThDez, Feb 28, 2023
  4. BestNThDez

BestNThDez

I figured it out. You must go to Archived Tracks, and choose the track/s that you want to have displayed in the background of the map as you are navigating with the My Location icon following you, by hitting the Menu button and saving it to My Favorites. Then go back out to the Track Manager, and now all of the tracks that you choose to be My Favorites will be listed on the main Track Manager screen. Now, you go go through each track individually and choose whether to Show on Map or Hide on Map. Now all the tracks that you choose to Show on Map, will be constantly displayed on the background map as you are moving and navigating. Hope this helps.

BestNThDez, Feb 28, 2023
  5. BestNThDez

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Well worked out, I haven't seen this documented anywhere, I have added (Favourite Tracks) to the title of the thread so that other users can search for it

Nuvi-Nebie, Mar 1, 2023
Ask a Question