Garmin Etrex Legend HCx

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Jeffwilf, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Jeffwilf

Jeffwilf

Hi
    I have 2 of these units and although being old they work perfectly fine for my needs. My problem is I cannot find any topo maps for it. Any I have found want BaseCamp but these only work with Mapsource. Any leads would be appreciated. Perhaps someone has a old map set sitting around not being used anymore for sale.

Jeffwilf, Apr 10, 2020
  2. Jeffwilf

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Why do they need Basecamp?, What happens when you try Basecamp with your Etrexs?, What format are the maps in that you have found?, I'm guessing that the problem you have is finding a computer program that will install these maps onto your Etrex units, there is a standalone Garmin program called MapInstall that may help if you can't use Basecamp, see link here :-
    [​IMG]MapInstall_404.exe

Also you may be able to install the maps you have found directly onto a MicroSD card that can be placed into you units, the format for this is a file named gmapsupp.img

Nuvi-Nebie, Apr 11, 2020
Ask a Question