Garmin eTrex returning incorrect time stamp

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by 1ponders, Jun 3, 2023.

1. 1ponders

1ponders

I have run into an issue with my usually reliable eTrex 10. I don't know how long this has been occurring but today I recognised that my GPS was returning an incorrect time. It was an hour behind the correct time. I have checked and reset all time settings ( time zone , daylight savings etc) and all are correct. I've carried out a default reset with no change. I've installed fresh batteries jic. In the end I resorted to the Menu, Enter, Start factory reset. Still the same incorrect time.

Has anyone experienced this issue before? Thanks.

1ponders, Jun 3, 2023
  2. 1ponders

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Is the Etrex10 showing your correct location ?, Also is it showing the correct date ?

Nuvi-Nebie, Jun 5, 2023
  3. 1ponders

1ponders

Yes, everything else seems to be ok, though some of my latest tracks showed some suspect positions. Spots I know I definitely didn't go to. As well as poor alignment on my known tracks when imported into Google Earth.

However I seem to have resolved the issue for now. I carried out a software update and it's showing the correct time now. It was strange though, and I still don't know why it happened after years of operating flawlessly. But I'm back on Track now and that's the important thing. Thank you for your interest in my post.

1ponders, Jun 5, 2023
Ask a Question