Garmin eTrex Summit HC will not turn on without being plugged in?

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Harold, May 19, 2017.

1. Harold

Harold

Hey guys, I just bought a gps off of kijiji, and the seller had stressed that if it didn't work I could just bring it back.

When I brought it home I plugged it in to my pc and it powered on fine, but when I opened it I noticed the old batterys were very corroded, and after replacing them and cleaning out most of the corrosion it would not turn on. One of the terminal springs was stuck down, and has now broken off at the top of it's joint. Is there anyway that I can fix this gps cheaply? If I somehow replace the broken terminal is it likely to work? What more could be wromg with it to not turn on with the batterys? I'd prefer not to go all the way back to return it to the seller, and I don't think I can find another gps for $40 cad.

Attached Files:

Harold, May 19, 2017
  2. Harold

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Take a look at this thread, (Click HERE) it is asking a very similar question
    BTW
    In your picture, the connectors show are connected to each other, so a 'battery holder' would be connected to the other pair of connectors (not shown In the picture)

Nuvi-Nebie, May 19, 2017
Ask a Question