Garmin etrex vista shuts down after start up

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by makromer, Jan 2, 2020.

1. makromer

makromer

I have an old etrex vista. Shortly after turning the unit on, the screen goes to a verticql blue line which cannot be shut off. Have to remove battery to clear. Suggestions?

makromer, Jan 2, 2020
  2. makromer

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

does the display work correctly before the blue line kicks in?, if so then I would guess the display itself is OK, sounds like either the display driver or a clock associated with it is faulty, if it is either of these you are not going to be able to fix it, the only other possibility I can think of is power supply, you could see if you get the same blue line when you power the Etrex from a USB cable, also your Etrex will have an internal backup battery that retains data when the main batteries are flat, a faulty backup battery can cause problems even when there is power from main batteries / USB cable and replacing it sometimes fixes power problems

Nuvi-Nebie, Jan 2, 2020
Ask a Question