Garmin express

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by islayhawk, Oct 8, 2017.

1. islayhawk

islayhawk

Recently purchased garmin birdseye only to be told when went for the download that I needed Garmin express which requires at least win 7.
    As a staunch user of win xp this is posing a problem. Is there any way round it

islayhawk, Oct 8, 2017
  2. islayhawk

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

There is a version of Garmin Basecamp (Legacy) that works on XP and handles Birdseye Imagery

There is also a copy of Garmin WebUpdater which was similar to Garmin Express, it will run on XP but I am not sure it handles Birdseye

Nuvi-Nebie, Oct 8, 2017
  3. islayhawk

islayhawk

My mistake - not used to garmin terminology yet. The map I am tryjng to download is the birdseye select 1:25k.
    It can only be downloaded using garmin express. Unless someone knows different.

islayhawk, Oct 8, 2017
  4. islayhawk

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Nuvi-Nebie, Oct 8, 2017
  5. islayhawk

islayhawk

Yes but appears that to download birdseye select they state that minimum is win 7
    Unfortunately it does not explain that before purchase. I do not wish to change from what I consider to be a stable win platform to win 7.

islayhawk, Oct 8, 2017
Ask a Question