Garmin Express

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by canyon76, Jun 1, 2019.

1. canyon76

canyon76

Hi All,

I have recently received a new/ex display Garmin Approach S6.

I have been able to connect the device to both a Macbook and a Windows laptop no problem and once I downloaded the Garmine Express app, I was able to add the device successfully and it showed up as synced.

However, as one might expect, I wanted to download updates to the device, but I get the error message "sorry we're having a problem communicating with our servers".

I have tried changing firewall settings, auto proxy settings, removing and reinstalling garmin express, resetting the device, turned around counter clockwise whilst rubbing my belly and tapping my head. However, to no avail. I still get the same error message.

I have tried different machines, different network connections (in different locations).

Before I send this device back from whence it came, I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could advise if a) I am doing something daft, b) there is actually a known issue with the Garmin express servers right now c) confirm the device must be faulty and as such I shoulld get my money back.

Any advice/input would be greatly appreciated

Canyon

canyon76, Jun 1, 2019
  2. canyon76

zorba61

I got the same message in windows when trying to do it wirelessly but connected no problem when using usb cable to connect with pc.

zorba61, Jun 8, 2019
Ask a Question