Garmin GPS 62s

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Nobbykinz, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Nobbykinz

Nobbykinz

Hi,

I have a strange problem with my garmin GPS 62s. So the routes work fine in basecamp, shows directions and via points. Routes copy across onto the 62s fine, and when viewing the routes on the device via basecamp it includes all the directions. But then when I disconnect the device and start the route planner it has one single direction which is up my road 10metres and back down it to the finish. All the routes have been working fine for a long time on my 60CSx. Identical maps are loaded in basecamp and on both devices. I'm at a loss asto why its ignoring all the other via points and going straight to the finish. Googling has given little insight into the problem. So that's why I'm posting here. I've been fiddling with it for almost 2 hours and repeating cycling up the road 10metres only for it to tell me to turn around. Any help would be greatly appreciated I'm at a complete loss.

Nobbykinz, Sep 21, 2020
  2. Nobbykinz

Nobbykinz

Route directions on basecamp:
    upload_2020-9-21_14-5-36.png

Route directions on 62s:
    upload_2020-9-21_14-7-16.png

Nobbykinz, Sep 21, 2020
  3. Nobbykinz

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I get a similar displays with my GPSMap60 and GPSMap64 when connected to Basecamp :-

Base-c-route-test.jpg 64-test-route.jpg
    Basecamp . . . . . 64 on Basecamp

However the problem seems to be that your 62 is not performing any auto routing, only the 16 waypoints are sent to your 62 and it has to auto-route between them, so either you have a map on your 62 that is not capable of auto routing or auto-routing is turned off on your 62.

On the 60 when you select a route to navigate you get a 'Follow Road' or 'Off-road' options

On the 64 you set up a profile to select 'Direct' , 'Driving', 'Walking' etc, when navigating the route on the 64 you can also select Find >> Change Route Activity >> 'Direct' , 'Driving', 'Walking' etc

Even if your 62 is in 'Direct' route mode I would expect it to draw a straight line to the next Waypoint, But it appears to be only using the start (possibly the first Waypoint) and the Finish waypoint for some reason

Nuvi-Nebie, Sep 23, 2020
  4. Nobbykinz

Nobbykinz

The 2nd image you posted is precisely how it appears on basecamp on my 60CSx with the orange flags.The current route activity is listed as Cycling. As you can see from the attached screenshot, its just navigating straight from start to finish.
    routing.jpg

This is the exact same route on basecamp on the 60CSx as you can see it has the orange flag routing, instead of just start finish. (distance is shorter as its calculating as the bird flies.)
    60csx.png

Map Wise, I've tried it with the garmin official topo 1:50k and 1:250k. Aswell as openfietsmap lite.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
    Nobbykinz, Sep 23, 2020
Ask a Question