Garmin GPS Bluetooth & Headphones..Eeeeeeeeeeh!

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Mark R, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Mark R

Mark R

Just bought a new Garmin Drivewise 65 Traffic.
    Since I use it in my 65 Corvette with a 502 BB with Side Pipes it is almost impossible to hear the Garmin even with the windows up.

So I know it has bluetooth so I go out and get myself a nice pair of "JBL Headphones" to cover my ears from the Side Pies so I can now hear directly from the Headphones...( Not EarBuds) and the Garmin.

Guess what???? The unit tells me cannot Pair with Headphones or Earbuds..!!!!!!!!

So I need the power of this forum to come up with a way to get audio from the garmin to my headsets either bluetooth or wired.
    The Garmin GPS only has it's Mini USB port for charging. It has no Aux output jack as my older Garim unit did.

So...Now what? Any help greatly appreciated ..

Mark R, Oct 18, 2021
  2. Mark R

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

It's not going to be easy to get audio out of your Drivewise 65, as you say some Garmin units have audio output sockets, also some units like the Zumo will send audio over Bluetooth, the Zumo is designed for motorcycles where background noise + helmets cause audio problems

Nuvi-Nebie, Oct 18, 2021
  3. Mark R

Mark R

Thanks For the reply... one idea I have is to get a small dynamic microphone..( about 3/8" Diameter) Mount it on the rear speaker grill on the garmin..then feed that wire to a mini Mic preamp if I can find one with BT and pair with a set of standard headphones with cups surrounding the ear's.

This will require some research. Or..Put the Under Car Exhaust back on with stock mufflers..L.O.L.

Mark R, Oct 18, 2021
Ask a Question