garmin GPSMAP 62st

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by trailblazzers, Mar 25, 2011.

1. trailblazzers

trailblazzers

Hey all First post here as well. I have just purchased a new garmin gpsmap62st and being a seasoned garmin user i have a question in regards to a usb connection. With my previous units 60 cs and 60 csx when i plug it into a power supply with the usb cable wether it be a computer or a universal usb adapter the backlight would come on full power and the unit would stay on and not use the batteries, this was great for when it was used in a vechile or on my quad. sadly with this new 62st which is the new version of the 60 series it goes straight to usb connected and i cannot do anything but transfer files back and forth. The unit will not power on when it is plugged in. In my mind this is a big fail for the new series and i cant believe they would not include this feature. Just wondering if anybody out there has any experience with this either with this unit or others.

Thanks Trail

trailblazzers, Mar 25, 2011
Ask a Question