Garmin GPSMAP doesn't accept uploaded map basecamp

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by nrgizer, May 23, 2023.

1. nrgizer

nrgizer

Hello,

I "got" a card from someone.

called: Garmin CN Europe NTU 2023.20 Gmap (unlocked)

I had to put these files in basecamp where the maps are all located

Done in : C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\BaseCamp\Maps

Get the map neatly displayed and map toolbar, and works perfectly with route making etc.
    But when I choose the install map option, I didn't see the map in question.

Now I have copied this same file to C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\MapInstall
    Then I did see the file and I can also very nicely select a part of the map to send to the GPSMAP64s.

But when I do this no matter what size I select it says installation completed on basecamp but then I get an error message on the GPSMAP64s after installation.

Can't Authenticate Maps. Contact content seller for help

Can someone help me what I need to do to get this map working in my GPSMAP64s

Thanks in advance for reading.

nrgizer, May 23, 2023
  2. nrgizer

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

When the maps are visible in Garmin Basecamp you can check on their 'lock' status using Maps >> Manage Map Products, this will show a screen like this :-

manage-maps.jpg

This screen will show you if your map really is unlocked, NOTE you may need to have the GPSMap64 connected to the computer running Basecamp to get a full list of results

Nuvi-Nebie, May 24, 2023
Ask a Question