Garmin Map Update

Discussion in 'General GPS Discussion' started by MLD, May 27, 2011.

1. MLD

tombill

Try getting maps of Malaysia or places in Asia. Glad they have folks here that have hobbies updating Garmin maps....free.

tombill, Aug 10, 2011
  2. MLD

SummitWalker

Hello, new to these forums!! After reading this thread, I felt I should add my experience with Garmin. I find their map updates process rather greedy, as mentioned above in this thread. Electronic maps should, at the very least, be upgraded and corrected, as issues are presented to Garmin by users. I have found their road navigation to be very inaccurate, as well as their topo maps, I use for hiking. Not only were the original maps I use for my back-country travels based on out-dated maps, when I pointed this out to Garmin I was given lame response. These maps also had many inaccuracies that should be fixed. Garmin now wants me to pay $129 for a new map set. When I asked that if I could do a trial version, to make sure it's what I wanted, it was told to me that's not an option. Ridiculous!!! Garmin to me is a company that puts money in front of customer satisfaction and more importantly the safety of it's users, due to their many inaccuracies and failure to change/correct inaccuracies!!!:mad::mad:

Until I see a dramatic change in the abilities and availability of update I will take advantage of any FREE maps,etc. I can find!!!!

SummitWalker, Mar 4, 2013
  3. MLD

LeiLar

Have you tried the openstreetmaps or are they not adequate for your needs?

LeiLar, Mar 4, 2013
Ask a Question