Garmin Montana 600 no back light

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by brownie2uk, Dec 25, 2023.

1. brownie2uk

brownie2uk

hi guys.
    i have two Garmin Montana 600s and on one of them the back lights seems to have dropped to barely visible.
    i have tried using the slider and a have done a factory reset with no difference, i have even swapped batteries over and still no change, anyone else come across this?

brownie2uk, Dec 25, 2023
  2. brownie2uk

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Does the backlight work correctly when the unit is powered externally via the USB socket? , I understand that you have swapped batteries but the manual does say, "The backlight brightness may be limited when the battery is low", so maybe the Montana is measuring the battery voltage incorrectly and limiting the brightness

Nuvi-Nebie, Dec 26, 2023
  3. brownie2uk

brownie2uk

hi, yes the same when its plugged in to the mains/ computer and cradle on the bike.

brownie2uk, Dec 28, 2023
  4. brownie2uk

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

As you have a working Montana and obviously know how to control the backlight brightness I am struggling with suggestions, you are in a position to compare the two units for differences between to units, eg. batteries, software versions, settings etc. and if you can't find any differences I would say maybe the backlight LEDs themselves may be faulty, that is a pretty rare thing to happen but is all that I can think of

Nuvi-Nebie, Dec 28, 2023
Ask a Question