Garmin Montana Screen Repair

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by michaelnel, Jul 18, 2011.

1. michaelnel

michaelnel

Be really, really careful with the big screen on your Montana. Mine broke (just the thin clear plastic cover broke) while I was peeling off a Zagg screen protector.

I just got off the phone with Garmin support, and they want $160 plus my cost of shipping it to them to repair it. THIS IS NOT COVERED BY WARRANTY. They are going to replace one thin plastic sheet over the display (the display itself is not broken, and they are going to get me to the tune of $160.

No more Garmin touch screens for me. The Oregon 450's screen was awful, and the Montana series is fragile and so full of bugs as to make it very frustrating to use.

Be careful with that fragile screen.

michaelnel, Jul 18, 2011
  2. michaelnel

F King

My Garmin Montana outer layer of the screen cracked when dropped 2 1/2 feet. That layer was so brittle that it snapped off just gently picking at it. Warranty automatically voided. No help from Garmin. Pay for a replacement but no advice as to how to prevent this from happening again. The screen itself was not cracked, but the layer covering the screen.

F King, Sep 28, 2011
Ask a Question