Garmin Monterra Track Distance!?

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by samakhval, Mar 25, 2021.

1. samakhval

samakhval

Hello,

I have an issue with my Monterra.

Track distance shows when I select the current track function. But when I open the Trip Computer icon, Track Distance is always 0 (zero). (While iIm at it, the distance in the Trip Computer box is also always zero, but I'm more worried about Track Distance).

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Dav

samakhval, Mar 25, 2021
  2. samakhval

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

The Track distance shown in Track Manager >> Current Track >> View Map and the Distance shown in Trip Computer >> Trip Odometer are zeroed on different screens, the first one is zeroed in Track Manager >> Current Track >> Clear Current Track and the second one is zeroed in Trip Computer >> Menu >> Reset >> then ( Reset Trip Data Timers etc.) or (Clear Track and Trip Data, Reset Both) or (Reset All Settings), so they can get out of sync. with each other

Nuvi-Nebie, Mar 25, 2021
  3. samakhval

samakhval

Thanks for replying but what I wanna say is that on Trip Computer the track distance does not move at all (it remains at zero). So when I hit the play button in Current Track, the track distance registers. But when I open Trip Computer, the distance is still zero.

samakhval, Mar 27, 2021
  4. samakhval

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I don't have a 'Play Button' on any of my units under Current Track, but it sounds like it performs a simulation of travelling along the Current Track, if the unit is only simulating travelling along the Track, I wouldn't expext the Trip counter to count up, It will only measure 'real' movements from one GPS location to another, so if the GPS is stationary the Trip counter will remain at zero

Nuvi-Nebie, Mar 27, 2021
  5. samakhval

samakhval

It is not stationary. I am moving. Current Track registers the distance moved but on Trip Computer Track Distance remains 0.

samakhval, Mar 28, 2021
  6. samakhval

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

My guess is it may be that when re-tracing an earlier Track, you may not be creating a new Track at the same time and that only when recording a new Track will the Trip counter start incrementing, take a look at pausing Track recording (page 4 in user guide)
    2021-03-28_16.11.19.jpg

Nuvi-Nebie, Mar 28, 2021
  7. samakhval

samakhval

Thanks I tried that it worked. Next problem...!

It has suddenly stopped drawing the line on a track.

It was doing it each time when I selected the 'play' button and leaving it on the map in whatever color I selected. Now it has suddenly stopped doing it, meaning I can't retrace exactly my steps.

If I pinch the map to zoom in or out the track appears but as soon as I stop zooming, it disappears again!

Any ideas?

Thanks again!

samakhval, Apr 15, 2021
  8. samakhval

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Nuvi-Nebie, Apr 15, 2021
  9. samakhval

samakhval

Full reset - no change. But the track DOES upload to basecamp!

samakhval, Apr 16, 2021
  10. samakhval

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Have you tried a different colour?, the current one may be matching the background

Have you changed which map (or map layer e.g. contour lines etc.) are enabled?, the Track line might be being 'covered' by another layer

Nuvi-Nebie, Apr 17, 2021
Ask a Question