Garmin Nuvi 1450LMT

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Fulltimer, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Fulltimer

Fulltimer

Hi everyone, new member here! I just picked up a Nuvi 1450LMT. So far I'm loving it. I can't really tell you much about it because I just put it in and have only driven about 5 miles with it. One thing that is interesting is the speed indicator turns red if you go over the posted speed limit!:D

Terry

Fulltimer, Nov 8, 2011
  2. Fulltimer

Fulltimer

This Garmin replaces a Lowrance XOG. At least around here the maps in the ZOG are more accurate. I live in a 55+ community called Moultrie Oaks. The Garmin calls it Magnolia Oaks. Some side streets are not even on the Garmin, but they are on the XOG. The Garmin doesn't tell you directions with every intersection like the XOG does, which was very irritating.

I'm thinking of getting an adapter so I can run both GPSs at the same time for some good side by side comparisons.

Terry

Fulltimer, Nov 9, 2011
  3. Fulltimer

Fulltimer

Elevation Reading

I was driving around a state forest on the coast yesterday. The real elevation was only a few feet above sea level. The Garmin showed me at 132' BELOW sea level! Not so good.

Terry

Fulltimer, Nov 15, 2011
Ask a Question