Garmin Nuvi 2595 routes

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by John Arnold, Mar 16, 2017.

1. John Arnold

John Arnold

I need help.

Is there a way to transfer routes created in Mapsource to my gamin?

I have created a few different routes with Mapsource which I want to transfer to my Garmin.

First I tried selecting each route separately in Mapsource and then select "send to device" select my device (which is plugged in via usb) and only select/tick 'routes' and then SEND. It displays that the data has been sent but I can't find any in the Garmin.

I then tried sending the data to the micro SD card in the Garmin and find the file (userdata.gpx) and then copy the file to the appropriate folder in the Garmin and then I can find it under 'trip planner'.

Problem is that I have a few separate routes I want on my Garmin and if I transfer using the method described above only the last route I transfer is seen on the Garmin

John Arnold, Mar 16, 2017
  2. John Arnold

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Have you tried using the newer Garmin Basecamp rather than Mapsource?, it may support file transfer to the Nuvi better than this older product

Nuvi-Nebie, Mar 16, 2017
  3. John Arnold

John Arnold

No I hadn't tried Basecamp but downloaded it and that worked so thanks heaps.
    I found it strange though that after I transferes my 5 routes to my Garmin, whebn I turned in on and selected TRIP PLANNERS (in APPS) it took quite some time to read the data with the hourglass spinning in the centre. Maybe it had to do some updates.

Do you know if there is a (printable) User Guide? I could not find one and when I Googled the only hits I got were for video tutorials.

Thanks

John Arnold, Mar 17, 2017
  4. John Arnold

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Nuvi-Nebie, Mar 17, 2017
  5. John Arnold

John Arnold

That's a great start. I liked the second guide better as it gives screen shots which make it a lot easier.

I wanted to add a waypoint to an existing route and used Mapsource to do that and then opened the saved route with Basecamp and saved to my Garmin. Would have been easier to do it all in BaseCamp.
    Then again that was only an hour after I first used BaseCamp and I think I would have been able to do it all in BaseCamp with a little intuition (I am a retired computer analyst/programmer)

John Arnold, Mar 17, 2017
Ask a Question