Garmin Nuvi 2595LMT Does not shut off even when unplugged.

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Voice, Dec 8, 2022.

1. Voice

Voice

Garmin Nuvi 2595LMT Does not shut off even when unplugged. ---- Since the most recent Map Update I did on 12-05-2022, none of my Garmin Nuvi's 2595LMT will now shut off once they're unplugged. There's no longer a count down screen and the units will just stay on and run until the internal battery is drained. This is true on all 4 of my Garmin Nuvi's, 2595LMT models. Seems Garmin really screwed the pooch with their last update. Any clue when they will fix it? This beyond sucks.

Voice, Dec 8, 2022
  2. Voice

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Try resetting the 2595, note, I would expect a warning if any data will be lost during the reset, but I would backup any Routes, POIs etc. just to be on the safe side

Nuvi-Nebie, Dec 8, 2022
  3. Voice

Voice

I took your advice and Master Reset all 4 units and still none of them shut off now when unplugged from the vehicle. Like I said.....Garmin screwed the pooch on the update.

Voice, Dec 8, 2022
  4. Voice

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

If the map you are having problems with is the City Navigator North America 2023.10 (released 2nd. Feb 2022) then there may be a fix for your problem in City Navigator North America 2023.20, this was released on 13th. July 2022, eg. after your last install? on 12th. May 2022 or is it 5th. Dec 2022 ?

Nuvi-Nebie, Dec 8, 2022
  5. Voice

Voice

I did the update on 12-05-2022 to all 4 of my units and that was just a few days ago. There's a serious programming error but nobody at Garmin has a clue what the issue may be. It's happened to all 4 of my 2595LMT's, so it's definitively not a "one unit" issue. It's their last damn software update that's to blame and Garmin seemingly could care less. They told me to do the reset also, to resolve the issue. Last time I'll ever purchase a Garmin, that's for certain. Too bad because Garmin HAD a great reputation.

Voice, Dec 8, 2022
Ask a Question